Top Stories
11 dead in northeast China iron-mine blast
Last Updated: 2018-06-06 00:30 | Xinhua
 Save  Print   E-mail

CHINA-LIAONING-BENXI-MINE BLAST (CN)

Rescuers are seen at the site of the iron mine blast in Benxi City of northeast China's Liaoning Province, June 5, 2018. Eleven people were killed and nine injured in an iron mine blast in Benxi, local authorities said Tuesday. A total of 25 people are still trapped in the iron mine. Rescue work is underway. (Xinhua/Pan Yulong)

Eleven people were killed and nine injured in an iron mine blast in northeast China's Liaoning Province, local authorities said Tuesday.

Twenty-five people are still trapped in the iron-ore mine, which was constructed by Huamei Group in Benxi City, with 23 able to contact rescuers outside.

The blast occurred at around 4:10 p.m. Tuesday when miners dropped explosives down the 1,000-meter-deep mine shaft.

The injured have been sent to hospital for medical treatment. The country's Ministry of Emergency Management and the municipal government of Benxi have dispatched rescue teams to the site.

As of 10 p.m., the electricity and ventilation systems in the mine had been recovered, with rescuers repairing the underground lift systems.

Rescue work is underway.

Share to 
0
Related Articles:
BACK TO TOP
Edition:
Chinese | BIG5 | Deutsch
Link:    
About CE.cn | About the Economic Daily | Contact us
Copyright 2003-2015 China Economic Net. All right reserved